Above and Beyond Awards
The intent of the Above and Beyond Awards is to provide a mechanism for employees to be recognized for outstanding performance in support of the college’s mission and university core values as they go above and beyond in carrying out their duties in the following areas:
- Outstanding Service – provides recognition for superior service and/or significant contributions to the College of Engineering
- Outstanding Service to Students – provides recognition to staff members for superior service to students at the department, center, or college level
- Exemplary Support or Advancement of Research – provides recognition to staff members who demonstrate superior support of research activities at the department, center, or college level
- Inclusive Excellence – provides recognition for superior contributions to provide a more diverse and inclusion climate and culture
- Exemplary Team Performance or Service – provides recognition to a team for superior performance or service at the department, center, or college level
Recipients are honored at the annual College of Engineering Staff Appreciation Luncheon and each recipient receives an award plaque and monetary award.
Nominees must be permanent university employees of the College of Engineering (COE), Knowlton School of Architecture (KSA) or College of Engineering Advancement with at least a 50% full-time equivalent (FTE) and at least one year of continuous service as a permanent employee within COE, KSA or COE Advancement.
Award winners may not be re-nominated in the same award category for the following three (3) years. All nominees should be re-nominated in order to be considered for future award cycles as they will not be automatically considered or re-nominated.